Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's been one year being gluten free

It's been a good year. I feel better and only miss a few foods I can't have now. This diet has helped me eat healthier than I ever have. Now that doesn't mean I don't eat my share of junk food, because I do. But it's a lot less than I did before. I also cut down on the amount of processed food I eat. The only down side is I have to cook all the time if I want to eat, lol. I don't like cooking...

I've also tried a lot of new foods that I never would have, had it not been for this diet. Here's a list of stuff I've tried:

turnips (not really a fan)
spinach
plums
hummus
zucchini
cooked broccoli
Quinoa
clementines
blueberries
almond yogurt
avocado
adamame
fish
cilantro
sweet potatoes
kale
mayo (couldn't stand it before)
black bean brownies
alfalfa sprouts
eggplant

That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there's more.


Things I want to make this year include:

Cinnamon rolls
Nilla wafers
lemon puppy chow
corn tortillas
olive garden's bread sticks
Krispy Kreme doughnut cupcakes
corn bread

Hubby has been such a wonderful help. He took some of my favorites and made them gf.

Red Velvet cheesecake
chocolate chip, coconut, oatmeal cookies
boneless chicken wings
sandwich bread

Plus he buys me stuff like pasta, cookies, and anything else he thinks I'll like. What a great guy.

Hope next year will be just as good. Now if I only I could give up dairy....

No comments: